Welcome to WILab!
The Wireless Innovation Laboratory (WILab) is an internationally renowned research facility founded in July 2007 at Worcester Polytechnic Institute that performs cutting-edge fundamental and applied research solving challenging technical problems across a wide range of wireless communications and networking topics.
- To conduct both fundamental and applied research as well as construct proof-of-concept prototypes
- To educate and mentor the next generation of innovators and technological leaders
- To find solutions to technological challenges that are relevant to today’s society and of interest to the nation
Our Core Competencies
WILab possesses in-house expertise and facilities to conduct cutting-edge research across a wide range of wireless communications and networking applications, including the following:
- 5G Communications and Networking
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Machine Learning for Wireless Communications
- Satellite and Space Communications
- Software-Defined Radio Prototyping, Test-Beds, and Experimentation
WI Lab has had extensive experience working with industry and government sponsors on both fundamental and applied research projects, yielding successful outcomes that often exceed the expected value-add these projects bring to the sponsors. Several of our current and previous sponsors include the following organizations:
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- National Instruments/Ettus Research
- Raytheon Technologies
- Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A.
- Analog Devices
Want to know more about how WILab can help you? Please send us an email at alexw@WPI.EDU for more information about potential research sponsorship.